> Kansas State Board of Nursing Scholarship Application Instructions
Kansas State Board of Nursing Scholarship Application
The Kansas State Board or Nursing
(KSBN) Scholarships are one time scholarships for students in pre-licensure
nursing programs (professional or practical). Monies for the scholarships
are donated by the Arthur Davis Agency, Cedar Falls, Iowa. The Arthur
Davis Agency prints the KSBN Newsletter. KSBN Scholarship winners
are selected by Board members through a blind review of an essay
written by the applicant. The essay topic is selected by the Board.
Four scholarships for $1000.00 each are awarded and are to be used
for school expenses.
The completed application and essay must be postmarked
no later than October 31, 2012. Winners of the scholarship
MUST be present at the December 12, 2012 board meeting for presentation
of the award. Send to:
Kansas State Board of Nursing
Attn: Nursing Scholarship
900 SW Jackson, Suite 1051
Topeka, KS 66612-1230
- Must be a resident of Kansas
- Must be enrolled full-time in nursing courses
at a Kansas college, university, or technical school
- Professional students must have a cumulative G.P.A.
- Practical Nursing students must be in good standing
in the program.
- Type or print (in blue or black ink) on the application
- Complete Sections A and B
- Give Section C to your program’s nurse administrator,
nursing program director, chair or dean, for their completion
- Write an essay entitled: The Unique Contribution
of Nursing to Health Care
- Submit Sections A and B and the essay to the Kansas
State Board of Nursing. postmarked no later than October
- Type and double space, use 1 inch margins, use
10 to 12 point font
- Center title on the first page
- Number the pages
- DO NOT put your name on the essay. Attach the
essay to Sections A & B
- Essay should include an introductory paragraph,
supporting paragraphs (no more than 3), and the summary paragraph
for a total of no more than 5 paragraphs or 2 pages.
- Use appropriate grammar, sentence structure, and
- Adhere to the assigned topic
- Be original in your ideas and focus
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Carol Moreland, MSN, RN at (785) 296-5036.
Download the Scholarship Application
Note to the viewers of this
All forms on this web page are provided in Adobe Portable Document
Please visit the Site Tools Download Center
to get the necessary plug-ins to view these documents if you don't
already have them.
*All Forms Below Must be Printed and Submitted